- Create a new folder in the root directory of the computer's hard drive (C:\) and name it "Winch." If the folder already exists, you should delete any existing files and folders within it before proceeding.
- Download eControls.exe and choose "Save to Disk." When it prompts you for a location, specify the Winch folder (C:\Winch).
- Go to the C:\ Winch folder and double-click on eControls.exe to launch the self-extractor.
- Click on the Start button to extract the files (they will be unzipped into C:\Winch by default). Click OK when the message appears stating that all files have been unzipped successfully.
- To start using the files, navigate to C:\Winch.
- Print out file 599035W.pdf for instructions in how to use the eControls Utility Software to flash control modules.
- Print out file 2305227W.pdf for the chart of the eControls winch programs to use as reference when flashing control modules.
NOTE: The instructions included with the utility software are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to the Acrobat website to download the latest version of this free software.